Thursday, December 8, 2011

"Sister Delta Hand"...the tree topper!

This tree-topper was the result of a special order placed at the "One of a Kind" show. The buyer wished to have a non-traditional (make that "nun-traditional") tree topper to grace the decorated tree in his home. Card games are the norm for the entertaining in his home, and this "sister" will sit atop the tree, and with her hidden hand of cards, is "in the game" as well.
Fun assignment! Also, food for thought for next year's line....adding "Nun of the Above", the angel nun, done up as a tree topper!

6 comments:

  1. Funny ... a tree topper? I love this person's sense of humor. Putting the fun back into Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Isn't that a riot? He was looking for ages for something like this, apparently, so it was great that we met. I hope that I get time to actually get a tree up for the holidays! Hope that your prep is going well....I am sure that your house is looking great for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope he sends you a photo of Delta Hand in her place of honour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be great to see her in her new home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey linda...you know these days are busy ones but when i had a minute to sit and read your post...HOW COOL!!! what a great idea and what treasure for your client!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, I hope to get back to reading my favorite blogs after the holidays (like yours!) Thanks! Hope that he likes this special "angel"....and I hope that she brings him good luck with his "game"....

    ReplyDelete