Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday prep!

Back from the "One of a Kind" show in Toronto, (a five-day stint...most vendors do an 11 day stretch! I admire them for their fortitude!) and happy to say that the "sisters" were warmly received. Thanks to Cathy, who helped throughout the five day show plus set-up, and to Karen, who came for a few days of the sale. Thanks to them, visitors to the show were introduced to the "sisters", because an explanation of the concept ("sisters" sharing "habits"), plus pointing out the "punny" names, required more than one person at the booth!
There was a wonderful array of items for purchase at the show, and I did try to restrain my spending. Managed to find some unique, handmade gifts....always so appreciated!
Although my own house requires "decking", it will be about a week before I surface from the work that was waiting for me upon my return. The "sisters" have been popular on the websites, and hat orders still are coming in. Add to that some gifts that I wanted to make for my own friends and family. Not complaining, though! It will all "happen" as it usually does! Notice...not a word about preparing Christmas feasts or baking holiday treats....something has to "go" and it may as well be the kitchen tasks! :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the show went well. Sorry I didn't make it to see the booth this year (family usually goes on a weekday, so I can't go every year). My mother-in-law, who was unable to go last year, told me she went to see your booth. (I bought her a Santa from you last year and she loves it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry not to have seen you, Lisa! Next year! The show was great, as always, with some days being busier than others in terms of crowds. Monday was a nice surprise, as it was quite busy! Had fun, and admire those who can stay the whole eleven days! I need to find the perfect shoes before I do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your booth is always so much fun. Lots of laughter abounds. Just what the OOAK needs during those long, long days. Glad you had a great show Linda.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete