Monday, November 7, 2011

Reading with "Sister Paige Turner"

"So many books, so little time"....how true! Just like fitting in time for the gym, scheduling a reading time into a busy day is part of my routine. I manage to "work in" the reading....the gym, not so much!
Wanted to pass along a book suggestion..."The Best Laid Plans" by Terry Fallis. This book is entertaining from the very first page, and is filled with humor, puns, mishaps, clever language, and through all of this, a journey through grief. I have purchased copies as gifts for friends who all share the same opinion. Can't wait to dive into the second book "The High Road"! Insight into the workings of Canadian government as well, but one would certainly not have to be Canadian to enjoy this read!
Preparing for the "One of a Kind" show in Toronto should keep me away from the reading for a while....the time is "closing in", and as usual, the quota in my mind is beyond what I have time or energy to prepare...but I will give it a try! Hope to see you if you are in the Toronto area at that time...Booth P30, from November 24th-28th!

4 comments:

  1. Linda i am in definite of a good read...look out Amazon here i come! i love Sister Paige Turner BTW!!! hope all is well for you! Peace!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I have not been commenting lately on my favorite blogs...like yours! I am drowning in a sea of black and white getting ready for this show! You would LOVE this book. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check out that book Linda. And I bet reading has taken a back seat to getting ready for the OOAK. I remember the days .. chaos. Be sure to stop by the Nuns booth ... great fun. See you there.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will love this book, Meg! I have purchased the second one and it is ready and waiting for me, once I finish a few others that are "in the queue". Despite the fact that I am working like mad for the upcoming show, I do schedule reading every morning at about 6:30 a.m.... the only way that I can "work it in"! Hope to see you at the show!

    ReplyDelete