Monday, October 24, 2011

"Sister Act", The Musical....

was just featured in tonight's episode of "Dancing with the Stars"....and reminded me of a great email I received in January of this year. A recipient of two of the "sisters" from the "Nun of a Kind" collection contacted me, because she was involved with the musical being prepared for Broadway. She suggested that perhaps my "sisters" might be a good "fit" with the show as one of their souvenirs. For a few weeks, I lived in hope that this might happen, even though it is never likely that handmade is attractive enough in a business setting like this. Some nice conversations, great comments, but, it was not to be. I did, however, receive some of the items that were in the giftshop on Broadway because a friend of mine did go to the show when she was in New York in September. I have the Playbill even though it is unlikely that I will actually make it to the show myself....and heard that it was fantastic!
One of the "sisters" did make it to 42nd Street, though...sent as a sample, and hopefully gracing someone's bookshelf there now! The dream was great while it lasted!! :)

7 comments:

  1. That certainly would have been a PERFECT venue! Well, one can always keep hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lisa! Yes, wouldn't it have been great? A little unrealistic when my "factory" consists of one person, but it was nice to dream for a few weeks! Those "sisters" of mine must not have been praying hard enough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i still think you should send one to "WHOOPIE" on the view!!! do it handmade is awesome and my handmade products have been VERY well received at huge baby expo shows along side Playtex, Gerber, Babies-R-Us and many more...Linda i say GO FOR IT!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annie! The last time I mailed something away to another celebrity "sister", I never did hear if it "made" it there. However, I would love to send one to Whoopie as she is a favorite of mine! Glad that you have had such great reception with those wonderful baby shoes, etc. that you create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You might want to keep after that project. People get busy and forget and a little nudge from "the ladies" might be just the ticket. It would be a wonderful venue. Is the show coming to Toronto??? Send one to Whoopie at "the View." I now see someone has already suggested that ... whoops or whoopie???!!
    Try again .... and then keep us all informed how it's going. I just know it will work.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Meg...I will get one ready to send Whoopie...always my intention, in the first place, since "Sister Act" was the impetus for the first ornament created..."Sister Mary Christmas" when my son was involved in a school production of the "hits"....he was the "priest" announcer in a sea of nuns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoops! That's "Whoopi"! Sister Mary Discipline just cracked my knuckles with a ruler for that spelling error!

    ReplyDelete