Friday, August 5, 2011

A Great Gift idea....

from a talented artist at "Etsy". A unique way to record the guests name at a wedding rather than a guest book....this wedding tree, personalized poster! A unique gift on its own or with another item, this poster can be ordered already printed up, or as a PDF file to have printed up as you wish. I opted for the PDF file...partly to avoid delivery "headaches" and fear of postal delays, and partly because I was just not organized enough to order it in time for that option! This particular one comes with a stamp pad which the guests use to add their fingerprints to the tree, along with their names. Although I love this option, I feared that the wedding guests might not like to risk getting the green ink on their wedding finery, so I opted for the printed tree.
This printed tree PDF file arrived promptly, and was sent off to the local print shop, where, for a reasonable fee, it was printed on 18x24 poster paper. The finished copy was presented to the wedding couple, along with a frame, as part of their wedding gift. Very pleased with the results and the ease of completion, and plan to order another, which will be printed with colored leaves for an upcoming fall wedding! For other unique gift ideas, or to purchase a wedding tree for a special gift, visit Lovliday's shop at "Etsy"!

6 comments:

  1. WOW - that is a really great gift idea - and what a beautiful way to commemorate the special day! nice find Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to being a "cool" way to record guests, this particular couple loves nature, and he proposed at one of our national parks...so only fitting that a tree get in there somewhere! (instead of the quilt that I should have made them, but which will be late in arriving!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I had suggested this to someone in our office who got married in June but she didn't bite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa! I just got home from the wedding where this tree was featured. Guests signed it as they came in. I think that it will be a great keepsake. I had suggested that they place it in the frame without the glass for the wedding, to prevent the edges from being torn, and this worked out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! But, I do have to wonder if there is possibly a wedding in your future based on your last couple of posts??????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Meg, I have two weddings this summer...a niece, who had a beautiful wedding a week ago, and my friend's daughter, having one in October! So nice, but alas, no immediate family wedding!

    ReplyDelete