Friday, June 17, 2011

Photo help for "Etsy"....

I love to create. I hate to take photos. I do not have the ability, nor do I want to take the time to learn a complicated photo editing program. I have little success with a light box. Love a pure white background for photos, but no matter what, could never seem to find the "cure" for my photos. Instead, I would head back down to the sewing room, and sew something rather than try to fix/improve my photos...and this fixing/improving is such an important task for "etsy" photos.
Enter a new app available to "etsy" shops...this app is called "Fotofuze", and one can access it directly from the "etsy" account. The photo correction process involves choosing the photo (which you upload into their site), and then using a "highlighter" with your computer mouse, to fill in the item and the shadows. You then have a chance to preview, and then upload the corrected photo. Once you have the five that you may want for any given listing, the corrected photos can be uploaded directly to your "etsy" site. Amazing! You can see in this first example that my background is quite yellow. Not bad, but not what I was going for....

In the corrected example, the background is completely white! Love it! Even a "techno-peasant" like me managed to do this! Working my way through my photos until I get a chance to re-do some of them (remember, I run to the sewing machine instead of the camera!), but the results for the ones that I have finished so far are much better than the originals' background. The service is completely free. However, if you wish, and this is a feature that you would find yourself using, along with some of the other apps or sites available, one may choose to contribute a given amount to be distributed among the sites that you like. (through "jungl.com"...explained on the site) This is an option....otherwise, totally free!
Since I have two shops, I tried to use the app for both, and even though I thought that I had registered each separately, I must have made an error somewhere, because for a while, they were "mixed". Have no fear! Support at Fotofuze returned my plea for help quite quickly, and worked with me to solve the problem. (and by "worked with me", I mean they solved the problem...the part I did was tell them about it! :)
So, if you are having the same photo difficulty as I am, you might like to try this app!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what an awesome change! I always wondered how people got perfectly white backgrounds like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great app. I am anxious to get through my whole shop! Very easy to use. I am so thankful to have something to fix up my photos, even though there are several to "re-take" for other reasons. Highly recommend this for people like me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, very pleased with this feature. One thing that I forgot to mention is that they suggest that you take your photo with a plain white background to begin with. I am always aiming for that, but somehow, it never is white enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so long since I've done something on Etsy that all the new applications will have to be relearned. What a difference it showed in your two photos. Some of the new aspects I'm not crazy about ( circles) but this app looks great. Thanks for sharing Linda.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the "circle" thing, Meg. Not really liking all of the changes, but this particular app is good. Too nice out to pay much attention to shops these days!

    ReplyDelete