Thursday, April 21, 2011

Kidlids....

seem to be the only creative thing that I am managing these days...the sewing room has been totally neglected while we deal with some family matters, so at the end of the day, sitting with my yarn, and turning out these little hats is my "fun". Pictured above is a "Dapper Dude" kidlid, for a young man...

a two-toned rolled brim with flower for a young miss...
daisy flower "cloche" for yet another "look"...
All of these hats are currently available at the "Sticks and Strings" website...

6 comments:

  1. I think they are lovely and I think you might think about making them for us "older misses." Just a little bit more pretty wool. It's nice to take a break and just let your hands be busy and your mind be quiet. And with this cool weather, your pretty little cloches will be a welcome topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meg, I feel positively lazy compared to you! Love all of your work at your new house!
    As for the hats...I do make them for adults. Just finished about four orders for them. Wish I were more of a "hat" person, but thankfully, some people are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're SO talented!!! i love every one of these hats!!! keep those creative juices flowing! have a happy happy EASTER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Annie. This just is something to do before I try to get my real creative juices flowing! Just no time to sit at the machine or play with fabric. The yarn is handier right now. I hope that you have a wonderful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These colour combos are beautiful - perfect for Spring!

    Thanks so much for your supportive comments on my last blog. Your thoughts and friendship mean a lot to me!

    Have a lovely Easter weekend!

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, so good to hear from you. Wishing you and yours a happy Easter...hope that you feel better soon! Nice weather might help...if we ever get any! :)

    ReplyDelete