Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trees of Life...


by a talented new jewelry artist, Kate, of "Accented Elements"! Shown here are two variations of one of Kate's specialties, the "Tree of Life" pendant. I am lucky enough to own one, and every time that I wear it, I receive many compliments about it. (I own the tree of life in amethyst, but all of the colors are beautiful!) Also pictured is that particular design with garnet stones. I have "gifted" friends with the jade colored stones, and also the coral...so easy to find one that "fits" the favorite clothing color of the recipient! She makes beautiful "one of a kind" statement pieces as well.
Not only is this young lady talented in her jewelry making, she also creates felted hats. Her work can be seen at her blog, which she has used to showcase the various media in which she works. Simply click on the headings of the type of work you would like to see to view her hats, (not yet available in her shop, but questions can be sent to her email from this site regarding these), her wrapped jewelry, her feather jewelry, etc. I have a feeling that the list will grow! She has even taught herself to knit and has completed some wonderful projects that may one day be added to her shop! Talent galore! (did I mention that she is also a talented musician??)
She is also doing custom wedding jewelry, and would be happy to entertain requests. I recently commissioned her to create little nest pendants for all of my nieces with pearls that were from their grandmother's necklace. A lovely keepsake, and a beautiful piece of jewelry to add to their collection!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful!!! what a special gift these would make. thanks for showcasing the work of this very talented artist!!! i will definitely check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the "tip of the iceberg" when it comes to Kate's work! When you look at the work displayed on the blog pages, you will see what I mean! These trees have been this year's gift to special friends...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I have seen these types of trees before but with family birthstones. This version is a very full tree - totally lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her hats, as posted in her blog, are just beautiful. The pictures are great, but they are even better "in person"! The wrapped stones that she does are also very beautiful, and each one is so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful and creative idea! I love trees and these little pieces of jewelry would allow you to wear their majestic beauty all the time. I love that they have all the colors .... like autumn or spring.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  6. She actually has a copper tree with all of the different season "leaves" in it...very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for featuring my work in your blog, Linda, and thank you to all of your supportive blog followers for taking time to read, take a peek, and leave lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are most welcome, Kate! Continued success to you! Can't wait to see what you come up with next! I receive compliments every single time I wear my lovely "tree of life" pendant!

    ReplyDelete