Monday, March 21, 2011

Do You "Journal"?

This seems to be something that people routinely do, and I admire them for it. I started a little "line a day" journal, which tracks activities for five years...the journal, my only purchase on a recent trip to Florida. (how did I end up in an area with absolutely no shopping???) In any case, this seemed like a good idea at the time. A month "in", though, I am already changing the format. First of all, most of my entries to date have been completely boring, plagued with daily chores, events, etc. Nothing exciting for future generations to read! Rather than resort to fictional writing to "spice" things up a bit, the format will now be "what did I learn today"....hopefully, there will be some little thing that is "new" to me....
Do you "journal"? Every day? Gratitude journal? Would love to hear what others find successful!

4 comments:

  1. i think journaling is a fabulous way to workout the old brain muscles...but i learned that i don't like to journal! LOL don't get me wrong i think it's a fabulous thing to do - i just think i'm too easily distracted to really keep it up! my aunt was a journal-er and i love reading hers - so if you can accomplish it i think it truly is a gift to those who end up getting the privilege of reading it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps when I abandon the "learning" journal, I will go back to the regular type....but with some fictional "twists" along the way to make me sound ever more interesting that I am! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda i should have said this in my first post... i LOVE your idea of what i would call "A Book of Wisdom"! i think it would make a great read - full of life experiences... you GO GIRL!!! ummm i mean SISTER!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything to keep the brain going! It seems as though there is always a little something to learn everyday...this might force me to seek it out!

    ReplyDelete