Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thanks to Annie....

"Sister Maddy Tate", the "sister" who loves to practise yoga, has been added to the "order". I was having difficulty coming up with a name for this "sister", which again, is the result of a special order, and invited readers to put forth their suggestions. Annie, from "My Minimocs", came up with some very meaningful suggestions, particularly if you knew a lot about yoga. She also came up with this name for the more generic yoga follower, who might not spend as much time learning about yoga, in terms of traditional beliefs. Thanks, Annie! I will be sending along a special "Sister" to Annie, which she has chosen (sort of) from the collection. She actually narrowed it down to four, and asked me to choose, and I chose.....almost slipped up...she doesn't have it yet, so shhhhh! :)
This new yoga "sister" will be modified slightly when it is available at my "Etsy" shop. In the photo here, she is carrying her yoga mat, and a chart of yoga positions. For future versions, she will carry the mat and a list of positions that she practises. Once she gets more agile at these, she will truly be a "twisted sister"! Coming soon...the chiropractor "sister"...the "untwisted sister"!




8 comments:

  1. That's awesome. I love her little yoga mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I "studied" a yoga mat at a store, and made this one out of a placemat and grosgrain ribbon for the handles. It actually looks a lot like the real thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE Sister Maddy Tate! her yoga mat and chart are so fun! thanks again for opening up the "name" game to us! i'm SO excited to see which one you're sending...thanks for keeping me in suspense - you know i LOVE surprises! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i posted earlier but my computer went crazy and i lost everything! i LOVE Sister Maddy Tate - her mat and chart are perfect...so fun! thanks for giving us a chance to play the name game - i'm so excited you liked the name...can't wait to get my surprise sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I am just like "Sister Donatello", the secret-keeper, the "soul of discretion" regarding the choice.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Annie...your last post worked after all....but love hearing from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I get back to the big city, I want to be a Sister Maddy Tate. The yoga positions and mat are incredible. You sure are a very creative and fun loving Sister yourself. No wonder your Sisters are such a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You must be almost ready to move, Meg! Good luck with that! As for yoga, would love to try it, but am afraid I would get "locked" into one of those poses! :)

    ReplyDelete