Monday, February 28, 2011

Special Sisters...



for two special sisters....a custom order sent to me through email, with a description of both of the ladies...one being a knitter, a graduate with multiple degrees, and highly involved in her church...the other being someone who is an accomplished singer, musician, gardener, and featured with her prize yellow electric guitar! (how lucky was I that I happened to have one of those guitars!) Such a fun assignment, and photos were sent back and forth, along with the ideas for these sisters, thanks to digital photos!
The photo at the top of the page shows the recipients opening their special gifts. I am told that they were delighted with the personalization, and I am sure that they were very impressed with Sally's resourcefulness in seeking out something that would be so personal to each of them! It was great fun being part of the surprise, and as I often say in occasions like this, I would love to be a "fly on the wall" when these sorts of gifts are presented. I'm always there "in spirit"! :)

10 comments:

  1. awesome Linda...and YES what a stoke of luck that you just happened to have that electric guitar laying around LOL - i KNOW they love their sisters just like i love mine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Annie! It was fun making yours, and thinking about the "chuckle" you would have when you opened it! These sisters were in Great Britain, and it is great to think that these items are reaching far and wide!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were the best present I've ever given....and I'm so grateful to Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sally! This took me quite a while to "get to"...I had photos on two different computers, and since I am a "techno-peasant", I had to figure out how to do the juggling....this was a fun assignment! Thanks for sharing that great photo! Hope that all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics, especially the one of these two gals opening their packages - the genuine delight on their faces is wonderful! You can see how much fun you had by looking at the Sisters - they are fabulous!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Sue. That was a great surprise in which to be involved! I wish that I had better pictures of the "sisters" I created, but we were doing so much 'back and forth" with pictures just for approval, that I didn't take much time to take proper photos....my least favorite job...because I don't do it well!
    Good to hear from you, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my sister Kirsti can supply more pics - I'll ask her to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another winner ... two winners. You are amazing and such a creative sister maker. Your sense of humor and exceptional skill gave such a delight to these two delightful women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always fun to make up these custom orders! Hope that you are settling in after the big move, Meg!

    ReplyDelete