Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Nuns of Steel"...

and I have joined a gym. Since the gym is right in the neighborhood, and is open 24 hours a day, "Sister" and I figure that it might actually be a gym membership that is used!
The machines are top-notch, and all of the cardio machines have their own televisions! There's a selling point right there....and no, not because I would park myself on the treadmill just to watch television, but it does help! Each member has a session with a trainer. The trainer I met with is so enthusiastic and friendly. She introduces members to the machines, and develops a routine for one to follow. My day was yesterday, and I am typing this because my fingers are the only things that I can move! By the end of the session, I didn't think that she was so nice or so friendly.
The one good thing about this new experience is that I am fairly certain that I have come up with a new item for my "line". Trainer revenge dolls, just like "voodoo" dolls...pretty sure that I can sell many to new clients at the gym after their first session! Going off to create the first one now.....:)

6 comments:

  1. LOL - sounds like quite a workout Linda!!! if you give the gym a cut of the proceeds from your new dolls maybe they'll go a little easier on you! all kidding aside i wish you much success and longevity in you new venture!!! definitely something i need to do myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything is quite a workout if you have only be doing the "couch-master" exercises through the winter! It is great that it is in the neighbourhood, though. Hopefully, the book I am reading won't keep me away from going there this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are a people watcher, I'm sure you could come up with LOTS of new sisters by observing people while at the gym. Just some more inspiration to kee going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying not to think of people watching people at the gym...I prefer to think that nobody can see ME! :) It is great, though....so close, open all the time, and no excuses! Went five times this week! (ask me in a month how many times I went! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you on the gym! I should have done this before going out on my own last week and wrecking my knee! Anyway, I love the idea of trainer revenge dolls....please do this!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to try to have the first one ready to give my trainer...she has a great sense of humor, so she will enjoy it! As for the gym, the only thing that is going to work is that it is right in the neighborhood, three minutes away. I have no excuses...and have been there six times already since last week! Too bad about that knee! Hope that it improves soon!

    ReplyDelete