Sunday, February 13, 2011

A beautiful video!

Had to take a moment to pass on this video....filmed at the Eaton Centre in Toronto, as forwarded to me. I have watched it many times, and have been amazed, as I always am at this sort of "gathering", at how it was actually accomplished....this is the story I was sent. Enjoy the video, and I am sure that you will "pass it on" as I have!
This is a "flash mob" dance, organized by Kim MacGregor, to honor her best friend Erika Heller, who died of colon cancer last year. Each and every conversation that Kim would have with her friend would end with Erika telling Kim that she was "an amazing woman"! Kim wanted to do something to honor the memory of this dear friend and created this is the result. The effort seems to have honored the memory of many amazing women, as you will see at the close of the video. Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Your video link doesn't work but I found it on Youtube and you are right ... it's a great tribute. It's was amazing to watch those young girls dance so well with their older counterparts.
    I just love flash mobs ... they show the best and the most creative aspect of human nature.
    thanks for sharing,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know, Meg! I will try to fix that! I hand-typed it in because I was working with two browsers, and of course, in a hurry, as usual! But glad that you found it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS...JUST FABULOUS!!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that it worked this time! I am such a "techno-peasant", but I wanted to share this...I keep watching it over and over! Love those "flash mob" things, and this one was especially beautiful! By the way, Annie, your "sister" should arrive soon....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO Wonderful. Towards the end I cried. Thank you so much for sharing this...I may post it on my blog too. Not only is it a great routine, but the story behind it adds so much. Really beautiful.

    How are you doing? Still feeling kind of "funky' (like me?). We will get our mojo back!!! (thinking positively here LOL)

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't that video wonderful?? I keep watching it. I wish I could be involved with something like that...but I would be the one going a completely different way from everyone else...and ruin it! :)
    Spring will be here soon, and we will feel like "our old (and I mean that in the nicest of ways!) selves! Take care, Sue!

    ReplyDelete