Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Weighty Problem...

happens every time I visit the Post Office, and not just because it is right next door to the coffee shop. (although that can be a problem!) When shipping packages for delivery to customers in the U.S., it is a good idea to keep the packages to less than 250 grams...otherwise, the price of shipping "jumps" an extra $2.00...that has not been charged to the customer. A postage scale is a great thing to have...if you remember to use it before you head down to do the mailing. The "sisters" are almost down to a science, as far as keeping that weight down....unless one of them has munched on too much filling or is carrying something that is a little more weighted. However, today, two of the three items I shipped were faced with that 'over the 250 gram" problem, which I never would have considered because they contained ornaments and not the regular "sister" shipment. Shipping within Canada is even more expensive because it is based on the region to which you are shipping. The cost can vary quite a bit once an item leaves your own province. The problem is, of course, that the first item one ships is the most expensive. Adding items to an order does not double the cost, usually, and is the better "way to go", even when one is purchasing items.
Back to creating "Sisters" now....I have to pay my postage bill! :)

4 comments:

  1. Shipping is the hardest part of the whole process and figuring out the best and cheapest way to get it there in the fastest time. For the longest time, I lost money on shipping but over the last year, I have researched ways to make it manageable cost wise. And your sisters come in difficult sizes with hats, and fun attachments... your situation is more perplexing.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would not be such a problem if I would just try to keep things the same weight! I will learn...but, as usual with me, it takes YEARS!
    How many "sleeps" until your next adventure in Paris?? Bon voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you almost ready for the OOAK? I'm coming this year and will look for you there.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only need to do about two weeks of work in one week...shouldn't be impossible! Hope to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete