Friday, October 29, 2010

Looking for a 48 hour day!

It is becoming increasingly clear that I should have been spending a lot more time sewing through the long, lovely summer. While it is true that I manage best under pressure, I forget that I also tend to increase my personal quota for shows with each one that I do.....so, I am "drowning" in a sea of black and white at the moment. Forgive me if I "bloggeth" not....
Creating the "sisters" requires various "props", and one that I have been needing is something to represent a dentist. The name of the dentist at the moment is "Sister Phyllis Driller"...so while at my check up the other day, I proceeded to take out my phone to take a photo of a dental drill just as the dentist entered the room. Once I told him what and why I was doing this, he happily gave me my very own drill to take home in order to have a good example while sculpting the one that I actually need. (these were broken drills no longer in use) I will refrain from trying to do any dental fillings at home with this new item. Heaven knows, I have enough to do without adding this to the "mix"!

2 comments:

  1. I love "Phyllis Driller" ... you always make me laugh. I know you have so much on your plate with the OOAK coming up so quickly but I'm sure all will be completed the girls will be a major hit once again.
    Good luck.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meg! I hope to have "Sister Phyllis Driller" at the show with me! Working away, and trying to get everything together. You must be busy getting ready for your lovely trip! Can't wait to see your photos this time! They are always so great!

    ReplyDelete