Sunday, September 5, 2010

First Show of the Season...

is fast approaching! It takes place this Saturday, September 11th, and is an outdoor show. A great event held by the Gallery in the Grove, and each year, seems to get a little better...if that is possible! The Gallery hosts about 100 vendors in our beautiful park. These days, the "spots" are assigned, and upon registration the morning of the show, or the evening before, one is able to partially or totally set up. I have done this particular show for years, and the signal that it was time to go and set up was when I looked out my diningroom window and saw flashlights in the park! A quick call to my friend who was the other "half" of our duo "back in the day", and we were on our way. We have been blessed with wonderful weather but for a few times...only one which required the show to close. It is a great event, and a one-day show, so after visiting with many customers, former students, and friends, the packing up begins, and the tent is put away for another year. I love this show, but I am very happy not to do other outdoor shows any longer. As it is, the "Weather Network" app on my ipod will be overworked this week as the forecast changes again and again. Those "Sisters" of mine are praying for great weather...and I think that they have some great connections! :)

8 comments:

  1. I hope that you will have a great show and "the sisters" will stay dry and feisty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meg! I am sure that you are very busy these days, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, praying along with The Sisters for great weather. Sounds like it will be a great show!

    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a lovely show, and the proceeds provide art scholarships to area students. Usually a great day to spend in a beautiful park! Hope that you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to promote art and crafts by using the proceeds for scholarship! I hope the weather holds up for you and that many sisterhoods are rekindled on your return to this show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks...yes, it is a great way to promote the Arts! One of my former students won a scholarship this year, so that makes it very special. (not that I taught him anything to do with Art! He is a natural talent and will be pursuing his studies in that!)
    Hope that your classes/projects are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, how did the Show go? I hope that you will let us know in another post. I'm sure your "sisters" were the biggest hit.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Meg! Will be posting about the show today! It was a great day, and the rain started just as we were packing up. More to follow!

    ReplyDelete