Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reverend Mother of Purl recommends....

this great "yarn bowl" from StudioElan for those wandering balls of yarn! Great gift for the knitter in your family, to prevent chasing balls of wool that have traveled under the sofa, chair, etc. while you work! ( I speak from experience!) Just discovered this great item on IndieNorth which showcases Canadian artisans.
Quoting from the site....."Thread the yarn through the hole if you are committed to the project or use the hook slot if you might want to change yarn without cutting. The hook and hole are very smooth to avoid snagging on precious fibers. The top of the bowl tapers in to prevent the ball from hopping out. The bowl is bottom heavy to keep it from wandering. And last but not least, the bottom is very smooth to protect your floors. What more could you ask for?"
Indeed! A great item for that knitter on your list....that is why it has made it to the "Sis" list of great things to buy! I am seeing this as a great choice for some of my friends..and I never buy one of anything for them without buying one for me! :)

6 comments:

  1. I have seen StudioElan elsewhere. She has great mugs too. Nice find! That yarn hole is very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen anything like this at any show I have been in. Love pottery, and her other work is lovely as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is ingenious! I really like StudioElan's shop on Etsy and have not visited it for awhile ...think it is time for another browse!

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that her work is wonderful! Was glad to discover her! Hope that you are doing well, Sue! (getting better from those setbacks....)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for including my Yarn Bowl on your lovely blog -and for all the kind comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My pleasure to include your work here! Looking forward to being a customer soon!

    ReplyDelete