Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The "Sis" List....


If you have ever watched "Oprah", or read "O" magazine, you have likely heard of her famous "O" list....items that she finds worth sharing with her viewers/readers, and likely catapulting the sales of said items "through the roof"! Unfortunately, sometimes the items are a little out of reach for some budgets, or do not always fit in the lifestyles of the "not so rich" and "not so famous"....but never fear! The "Sis" list is here! From time to time, items which have been discovered online or elsewhere will be featured on this blog....items which I think most of us might enjoy either buying, receiving or giving. (other than a gift from "Nun of a Kind", of course....:)
First on the "Sis" List is an item from "Divide and Conquer", an "Etsy" shop recently discovered. The owner of the shop has created these great purse organizers which enable one to switch purses easily by just moving this handy, dandy organizer from one purse to another. A dream come true!! How many times do we stick with the same bag just because hauling all of the stuff in one to move to another is just too big a "hassle"? Or, how embarrassing is it when you have to manually take everyone out of that large bag, (which seemed like such a good idea to buy at the time!) just to find the cell phone, the wallet, the tickets, the makeup, whatever is buried in the depths of said bag? Notice the little dividers which surround the larger pocket...these hold those small items, while the large pocket in the middle make finding your wallet a lot easier when you need it....(like the time I could not find my wallet in my purse when stopped for a speeding ticket...!)
One tip that I would add...buy the organizer in a color that will stand out from the interior of your collection of bags. This might be the ideal gift for friends for birthdays, etc....and of course, it seems I never buy gifts for them without buying one for myself! :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow...this is ingenious and definitely something that I could use! Something to put on my wishlist!

    Thanks for the head's up Linda!


    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of too many women who wouldn't benefit from an organizer like this...she has a great little product here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Thanks for this post! I actually recently prayed about finding a way to organize the prayer cards and other stuff in my purse. So here's a great answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks as though it would organize a lot of those little things that get "lost" in the depths of any purse! Glad that you enjoyed the introduction to this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My new Divide and Conquer organizer arrived today. I'm so pleased with it! It's better than I had imagined and quite sturdy, too. Finally, my purse is neat and tidy. Thanks so much for featuring it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that you are enjoying your purchase! I have several on "my list" as practical gifts for friends...and me! What size did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a size small, which was really plenty big for me. I used a ruler to measure the width/height of some of the things I wanted to put in it and also to measure the size of my purse to make sure it fit. The smaller side pockets are big enough for a pill bottle or small contact lens solution bottle, which is what I have in them. Cell phone fits nicely, too. It sturdy enough that it stand up on its own so everything stays put.

    Now I just need to find a birthday gift for my hubbie. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete