Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Meet "The Girls"!


One of my great discoveries this year has been that of "Priscilla Mae" and her wonderful shop at "Etsy". Meg, the artist, creates handpainted pillows, eyeglass cases, and tote bags, each sporting a great quote for all of the "girls" in your life. For instance, the pillow pictured here is from the "Queen of the Greens" collection and the quote reads "They call it golf because all of the other four letter words were taken." (a great gift for the golfing friends I know...but not for me because I wouldn't know which end of the racket to use!)
The eyeglass case quote reads "Do not start with me....you will not win!" Now, really, how appropriate is THAT?? Have a look at her "Midlife Madonna" collection as well. One of these items has already been "gifted" to one of my friends...
So, when a "Sister" won't quite "fit the bill" (and be careful...these ladies have great connections!), check out the fun gift items at "Priscilla Mae"!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you Linda. I was so honored to be included in your blog. My "girls" and your feisty group of sisters hopefully put a smile on lots of women's faces and keep us out of trouble.
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure to "brag" about your work, Meg! I love it, and the packaging of the item that I purchased was lovely....all ready to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog and think your sisters are charming. I already placed an order. It's hard to choose a favorite but I really like the one with the sun overhead. The yellow roses must mean a connection to the Little Flower.

    I'm curious, though, would you change the color of the habit to match a particular order of nuns? I don't have anything specific in mind but I've always loved the Pink Sisters (Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diane!
    Glad that you found the blog...and thanks so much for your order! The "sister" with the sun overhead was actually for someone entering the convent. It was a special order, and I am not sure of the significance.
    Happy to change the color of the habit to suit...I actually do a lot of custom work, and was not aware that there were Pink Sisters! Will have to research that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the 'Pink Sisters' are in the Philippines, the U.S., India, Brazil, Poland, Indonesia, Germany, West Africa,and Argentina. Find the Pink Sisters on Facebook by searching Mount Grace Convent or their website at http://www.mountgraceconvent.org

    I think the convent in Philadelphia has webcam 24 hr Adoration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, I did "check out" the habits of the sisters you told me about. Wouldn't it be nice to wear a pink habit! I think that a sister could be fashioned to represent those, should you ever need one. Thanks for the information!

    ReplyDelete