Thursday, January 7, 2010

Recipe from "Mother Souperior"!

One of my goals last year was to share some recipes that worked for me. Since so few work for me, this is the first time I am sharing! My intent was to take a picture of a lovely gift given to us by "Sister Carmel Popcorn", otherwise known as Joan! She presented us with a lovely Christmas mug, filled with these wonderful mixed spiced nuts. Unfortunately, since the time that I intended to take the picture, we ate them! (they were SO good!) Joan prepared them for her book club dinner, and hence, they are called "Novel Nuts".....
Here is the recipe!

NOVEL NUTS

1 lb. pecan halves

½ lb. whole almonds

1 egg white

1 tsp cold water

½ cup sugar

¼ tsp salt

½ tsp cinnamon

Good sprinkle of nutmeg

Beat egg white and water until frothy. Add nuts and mix until well coated. Combine spices together and add to nut mixture. Bake 1 hour at 225 deg., on buttered cookie sheet. Stir evenly every 15 minutes. These keep well in covered container.


Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum!!! Those look like they would be soooooooooooo good! I bet they smell amazing while they are baking too!

    ReplyDelete