Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Special Elf...


included "Nun of a Kind" in his/her plans to surprise a friend for Christmas. I love special orders and this one was so much fun of which to be a part! The recipient of said gift had always wanted a nun doll as a child....and, alas, never did receive one. Thanks to a very special friend, she now has a "Sister Gloria in Excelsis Deo", which was modified to fit in size-wise with her collection of "Byer's Choice" carollers. While constructing this special "sister", I was able to use some "Byers" type carolers which I own to try to get a more suitable size. The person who commissioned the project did have the facts straight, though, estimating a 13-inch size as the best "match". To add to the suspense of the mystery gift, the customer sent a letter which I transcribed onto a gift tag to send along with "Sister Gloria". The only thing that could have made this whole situation better would be to have been a "fly on the wall" when the recipient opened the package only to discover that Santa was, at long last, granting her Christmas wish!
I know that I will be kept up to date as to whether or not the identity of the "giver" is discovered. I also know that this person was a great friend to think of such a gift, researching as to where one might find a gift like this, and to follow through with all of the wonderful details (like the letter!) ....and as for any hand that I had in this, I am thinking that Santa may want me to take a post in the workshop next year to create more "sister" gifts for special "Sisters"! (signing off now, and adjusting my elf ears......)

1 comment:

  1. My Good Friend, your talents know no bounds. I think I read that somewhere before, but it is the truth....maybe for next year to put with my special carollers. Love yours, everything just goes together completely. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete