Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Show experience!




Returned from the longest show I have ever attended, and, given that it was a first time experience, was very happy with the outcome, and with the response. Because I was exhibiting for the second half of the show, the "set up" for my booth was at 5 a.m. of the first day of my show. Thanks to two helpful "volunteers" (did I give them any choice??) we made our way to the venue and loaded up the stock on huge "dollies", and managed to get the items to the booth in two "runs".
The first photo shows the booth in the midst of construction, with some of the stock and display on the "dolly". Three heads are better than one at this early hour of the morning, and we managed to get the booth together in time for the 11:00 opening with an hour to spare, and spent that hour seeking anything with caffeine! The long day extended until close at 10:00 p.m. Even though the first day was a Tuesday, and not a typical "shopping day", the response to the "Sisters" was very favorable, and in addition to making customers laugh when they read the sign with all of the "sisters" names, the sales met my expectations, particularly for a first effort at the show. Cannot say enough good things about the organization, the treatment of the vendors, and the show in general. Definitely on my "to do" list for next year! Many thanks to Cathy, who weathered the whole show with me! Extra thanks also to Brenda, Ty, Jim, and Ted who helped so much get this "act" together!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow!!! I've been thinking about you and wondering how it went. I was so hoping to get to the OOAK show and see you, but timing just didn't work out.

    Your booth looks fabulous and I'm SO happy that you found it worthwhile. I didn't really have any doubts though - your Sisters are so much fun and make fabulous gifts.

    So, can you relax and breath abit now?

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! I was hoping to see you there, but hopefully next year! I am not quite done yet....filling internet orders now that have arrived since the show! Wishing you a great holiday season! Hope that you are taking some time off from your fantastic doll making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm so sorry I didn't make it. The kiddos have been sick. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete