Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life is not fair....


when organizers of a craft show put you beside a chocolate vendor! During the past weekend, I met a lovely lady who had a wonderful display of delicious chocolate treats and even decadent chocolate-drizzled carmel popcorn! Needless to say, she just about sold out because not only was it delicious, but it was packaged so beautifully for gift-giving, etc. She had to go home and prepare more for the second day of the sale because she had so little stock after the first day!
Now, since I am a choco-holic, and always on some sort of program, you can imagine how difficult it was to stay away from that booth. (remember, she was very nice...I had to be friendly, after all!) "Nun the Less", the dieting "sister", had her hands full, trying to restrain me from visiting that booth too often!
Imagine my surprise, the first day, when a small bag of chocolate covered almonds (sugar free, I might add....), found their way into my booth, and eventually, all jumped into my mouth! A fairly good way to get some omega 3's, so all was not lost. The next day, though, when those dark chocolate covered cranberries did the same thing, well, what can I say except....dark chocolate is good for you, and cranberries are full of anti-oxidants! Thank goodness that this vendor was beside me that whole weekend....how else would I have kept up my vitamin intake?? :)

1 comment: