Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Merry Krismoose!

This little "blast from the past" creation is something that "started it all"! My good friend and I began our little craft business by creating many of these little fellows "back in the day". They were the mainstay of our booth, along with many little original ornaments, and we carted them from one show to another, creating walls of "krismoose" in our display. Curiously, it was usually the men in the crowd who loved to stop and have a second look....or buy them. Perhaps the Krismoose was a reminder of the one that "got away" on moose-hunting trips! 
     I still make a few for each show because there is usually some young person, striking out on their own, wishing to have a decoration that reminds them of home. Like everything else that is on the "back burner", I intend to bring a larger display of them someday! There are reindeer "parts" in various "to be continued" bins, along with all of the other "someday" projects.
   As I prepare to leave for my next show this weekend, I am reminded of those early days, with the moose and ornaments in tow, heading out in the wee hours of the morning for a show about three hours away. Everything in the van seemed to have a bell, so every little bump created "jingling" all the way! Thankfully, the Sisters traveling with me to the next show do not sport a single bell.....but I hope that they are praying for a successful show!

4 comments:

  1. Ha...love the Krismoose! Also love the story of the jiggling bells - I think that would sound very festive
    LOL

    Your sale will be a success....the economy is picking up and who can resist the Sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sue! Sister Cher Holder has assured me that the economy is picking up, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.... too cute! I love the Krismoose... and the sound of of jingle bells :)

    I wish you all the best for your show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a jingly great show; Sister Bea Well and I will be thinking of you and awaiting your report.

    ReplyDelete