Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Blast from the Past!

This little fellow is a character which I started making several years ago when I first started attending craft shows. A little "barrel" of monkeys were part of the display, and the first items to go! Since then, I rarely make these unless a special baby gift is needed....they are not a part of my display at shows. A special little guy was made for my nephew, and his mother was delighted because she had no intention of sharing the one that was created for her over twenty years ago. There is just something endearing about a sock monkey! 
    One of my favorite artists at "Etsy" is Siansburys.  She creates wonderful sock monkeys which have such personalities all their own. Be sure to check out her shop to meet (and perhaps adopt!) one of her special creations. 
In the meantime, I will concentrate on trying to "catch up" with the baby gifts I need to complete by finishing a few of my own sock monkeys....very likely, these babes will have to settle for a nun!

1 comment:

  1. Linda, I love sock monkeys! I used to collect vintage ones, but sadly gave most of them away.

    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete