Sunday, July 26, 2009

Two great blogs!

   Passing the award recently received (the "Bella Sinclair" award)  to two great blogs/sites (and two great people!!) to which I often refer and enjoy reading. The first is to Stacey at "Snug N Luv" designs. Stacey has many great quilt kits in her shop, and I had the good fortune to meet her at a local art event. Her kits for quilting are "ready to go" and contain great instructions. I purchased a quilt top kit for a black and white quilt (for the "sisters", don't you know!) which remains untouched in my sewing room. (however, it will get finished....someday!) She also has various patterns in her shop so that you can create your own items with fabrics you may already have. She is a great supporter of other shops and artisans! 
   Another blog which I would like to mention is that of "Indie North". Beth, the writer of this site, showcases Canadian artisans in particular, and it is wonderful to see so many emerging artists from here. Here, you will meet and be linked to many great shops, featuring items which are unique, and handmade. Beth truly deserves an award because she is so giving to those of us trying to get noticed in the "big sea" of handmade! Be sure to go through the former posts when viewing Beth's site to be introduced to featured artists. Thanks, Beth!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! Thank you so much for the award! It really makes my heart sing! I'm so happy to have met you...that's really my favourite part of IndieNorth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for choosing me! You are as sweet in person as you are online. Everyone LOVES your creativity!

    ReplyDelete