Saturday, May 2, 2009

If the Shoe fits....


then, buy it! Somehow, not one but two pairs of shoes fell into my possession this weekend. The "Sole Sister", (a.k.a. Mother Shoe-perior) would think me a kindred spirit indeed! 
   Thankfully, this "sister" is not a shoe "snob". Basically, if they are comfortable, and match something in the wardrobe, those are the only prerequisites....and like real "Sisters", a lot of what is bought is black! 
   At Christmas, the "Sole Sister" was one which was ordered for friends who shared the love of buying footwear. One especially "fun" order to make up was one which included  a list of the recipient's real shoe collection...and there wasn't a black pair in the bunch! As a matter of fact, all of the shoes mentioned were navy...apparently, this customer looks high and low for shoes in that colour. Included in the list for this "sister" was a pair of navy pumps with rhinestone trim for evening wear. (midnight mass)!
   Time to go hide my own shoe purchases now! 

3 comments:

  1. LOL...my youngest daughter (22) is a shoe addict, as surprisingly is her dad. Me? No. I've never understood the fascination in shoes that so many of my friends have.
    I feel like I'm missing something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me see, now....forget black, personally, I think that a pair of fire-engine red sling-backs peeping out from under that long black habit would set the congregation on it's ear - and you are naughty enough to do it.

    ReplyDelete