Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Name-dropper!


No, no juicy gossip here.....just sharing the latest in a long line of baby gifts being created in the workshop! In the "off season", there is enough time to make these quilted felt names for the special babies arriving. These names used to be a "mainstay" in my business several years ago. It seems that those people who received them years ago as gifts are wanting them for their nieces,nephews, and grandchildren.  The faces and hands are soft-sculptured.  These names are great for those names which are difficult to find in ready-made commercial items. 
    My intentions are good when i
t comes to creating these for those special little ones. Too often, I have purchased outfits only to have the child grow out of them before I get a chance to present the gift.....but they never outgrow their name, no matter how long I take to get it to them!

3 comments:

  1. i can see why they want more - they're really great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would have loved these when my girls were babies. They are wonderful and bet they look great in a nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me. How cute and clever these are - makes one wish there were family babies on the way.

    ReplyDelete