Friday, February 6, 2009

Reverend Mother of Purl....


would love for you to look at this video if you are interested in knitting! It is totally fascinating, and hard to believe that someone can actually produce items like this!  
   It is hard to imagine, also, that one might not know about our knitting queen here in Canada, Stephanie Pearl McPhee. (I think that she should change the spelling of her middle name to "purl"....) She has written many books and her blog is hilarious. Although I am not nearly as accomplished a knitter as she, it is inspiring to see what she is up to in the world of two sticks and a string. Her experiences go beyond knitting in her blog, and one can share in just about everything going on in her life at the moment...and most of it is hilarious!  A good friend of mine and I recently exchanged gifts....I had purchased the calendar by the Yarn Harlot for her, and she gave me a book by this same person. Who says that great minds don't think alike! Thanks again, Joan!
   

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how Yarn Harlot can find so much humour in knitting! I'm currently enjoying her most recent book. I just wish I had more hours in the day for fibre-y pursuits!

    ReplyDelete