Saturday, January 17, 2009

California dreamin'.....on a winter's day!

   Frigid temperatures, gusty winds, blowing snow.....and not a ray of sunshine to be found! I am envious today of those heading to sunny climes, and wishing I were with them. It is not in the plans this year. A little trip to Vegas, with "Sister Holy Roller" would be lovely. Although not a particularly warm place this time of year, it is at least warmer than here....and usually, one can wander the streets during the day without having to wear a coat, which would be just great! Not looking for pool weather but at least a sky that is not GREY would be nice!
    However, for warmer weather and a relaxing experience, a resort somewhere south would be ideal! "Sister Mary Sunshine" does have a friend in Mexico at the moment.....enjoying the beaches, spas, and good time with friends. (heavy sigh!....)

Given the day, and the economy, it looks as though the closest I am going to get to this experience is to mix up a tropical drink in the blender, put on a "Jimmy Buffett" C.D., close the drapes, and sit under the "Ott" light! 

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking about doing knitting some socks. Are they as hard as they seem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    I'm having a blogwarming party on my blog and one of the activities is a scavenger hunt to encourage my readers to visit links in my blogroll. Since your blog is one of my own regular reads, of course, you're in my blogroll.

    I'd like to invite you to participate in the scavenger hunt - it could bring some traffic and new readers to your site, as well. Full details are in a blog post I buried in my blog at: http://adventuresofpamandfrank.blogspot.com/2008/06/scavenger-hunt-invitation.html

    Thanks!
    -Pam Hawk

    PS: You can delete this comment... I put it in an old post so you can find it but so it doesn't detract from your blog.

    ReplyDelete