Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Starting early!


   Each year, ornaments are created which generate a donation for a few special charities. Sometimes the season "gets away on me", and I find that I do not have as many of these ornaments as I would like to have ready for the fall season, in particular. So.....starting early! There should not be the major panic to have these ready for this year's season, or orders from the sites. 
   "Janet's Snowfolk" are snowmen with a pink ribbon. They are in memory of a good friend who was a victim of breast cancer. Janet loved Christmas with a passion, and would even change the window dressings in her house to reflect any holiday season! She always shopped with a notebook, making careful records of what gift went to a certain niece, nephew, etc. and was a true "Martha" in every sense of the word. She gave so many lovely gifts to people that she was working on a new notebook the last few times that I witnessed her shopping for the holidays. It is in honor of her that "Janet's Snowfolk" was created. The sale of these ornaments provides a donation to the "Breast Cancer Society of Canada" each year. 
   "Evelyn's angel" provides a donation the the "Victorian Order of Nurses", and is in memory of a lovely lady who had a special angel collection which comforted her through her illness. The ornament sold each year is like the one which was sent along to her in a card, and which she cherished more than I ever knew until her passing. 
   Hopefully, this year will be no exception for the raising of funds through these ornaments....and by starting to make them now (averting my eyes from the book I received for Christmas!!) I will have enough for the season ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment